Springtime in Kentucky Brings Eye Allergies
According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, Louisville, Kentucky ranks #2 as a 2015 Spring Alllergy Capital among major US cities.
Take this quiz to see if you might have eye allergies.
1. Do allergies run in your family?
2. Do your eyes often itch, particularly during spring pollen season?
3. Have you ever been diagnosed with “pink eye” (conjunctivitis)?
4. Are you allergic to certain animals, such as cats?
5. Do you often need antihistamines and/or decongestants to control sneezing, coughing and congestion?
6. When pollen is in the air, are your eyes less red and itchy when you stay indoors under an air conditioner?
7. Do your eyes begin tearing when you wear certain cosmetics or lotions, or when you’re around certain strong perfumes?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, then you may have eye allergies. However, treatment options are available. Contact our office and schedule your appointment with Dr. Fannin or Dr. West to determine the best course of action in managing your eye allergies.
-Exerpts from AllAboutVision.com